Thank you voters for passing Measure J
In November 2016, voters overwhelmingly approved “Measure J,” a special tax on property to help support Cordova Recreation and Park District’s goal of providing safe, clean and accessible parks and facilities to the community. We understand that parks are your priority and we thank you for your support of CRPD and for trusting the District with your funds!
Measure J will help fund infrastructure and facility improvements and replacements, increased safety and security and increased maintenance.
Public services and facilities that can be financed by Measure J include:
- Acquisition and construction of public parks, open spaces and pathways
- Maintenance, repair and replacement of parks, open spaces and pathways
- Recreational activities and programs for seniors and youth including after-school activities, tutoring and sports
- Security patrols, monitoring devices, security cameras and security lighting
- Upgrades to ensure safety and accessibility for persons with disabilities
- Repair and replacement of facilities due to vandalism, graffiti and wear-and-tear
This webpage will be constantly updated so stay tuned for information on community outreach and future projects. This is your money at work!
What area is supported by Measure J?
Measure J affects the Park Maintenance Recreation and Improvement District (PMRID) within CRPD, which includes Rosemont, Larchmont, Riviera East, Gold River and the majority of the City of Rancho Cordova. All funds collected by Measure J must be spent within these boundaries.
Click here for a map of the PMRID area.
Parks within the PMRID area include:
|Ahlstrom Park||Countryside Park||Dave Roberts Community Park|
|Federspiel Park||Gold River Park||Gold Station Park|
|Hagan Community Park||Henley Park||Larchmont Community Park|
|Larchmont/Rossmoor Park||Lincoln Village Community Park||Manlove Park|
|Primrose Park||Prospect Hill Park||Riviera East Park|
|Rosemont Community Park||Rosemont North Park||Rosswood Park|
|Salmon Falls Park||Sunriver Park||Taylor Park|
|White Rock Community Park|
Facilities within the PMRID area include:
|Cordova Golf Course||Hagan Community Center||Hagan Community Pool|
|Lincoln Village Pool||Mather Sports Center||Neil Orchard Senior Activities Center|
When will Measure J take effect?
The special tax assessment will appear on the 2017/2018 property tax bill. CRPD will receive the first assessment in late January 2018.