What is an Optimized Plan? Glad you asked!
An Optimized Plan is a strategic planning document that provides guidance over the next 10+ years. It studies the existing parks and recreation facilities and programs to identify a planning blueprint for making the District’s current recreation and park offerings as perfect, effective, or functional as possible into the future.
A forward-thinking Optimized Plan will provide a long-term vision for the District as well as specific policies and standards to direct day-to-day decisions. It will set forth a framework that will allow the District to respond to new opportunities as they arise, to outline a process for continued improvement, and to ensure that adequate parks and recreation facilities meet the needs of current and future residents.
Here's Where You Come In
The Optimized Plan is only as good as the community behind the ideas.
Beginning in Fall 2022, we will be hosting an online survey and other activities—both virtual and in-person—in the community to hear from residents across the District. Emails and comments are always accepted and can provide valuable input or ideas for parks and recreation development. Learn more below about how to engage with us during the planning process.
Optimized Plan Process
- Review Background Data and Perform Existing Conditions Analysis – Completed
- Gather Input and Needs Assessment - Completed
- Community Input Round #1 – Listening to the Community - Completed
- Online community survey closed December 11, 2022
- Community Events
- October 1 - Rosemont Community Celebration
- October 29 - Halloween at Hagan
- November 27 - Cordova Community Tree Lighting
- Level of Service Analysis - In Progress
- Long Range Visioning
- Community Input Round #2 – Preferred Alternatives or Priorities
- Park and Facilities Development
- Draft Optimized Plan
- Final Optimized Plan
Frequently Asked Questions
The consultant working on the Optimized Plan, Gates and Associates, will present Phase One findings and provide a status update to CRPD’s Board of Directors at their regular monthly meeting on May 10, 2023. The CRPD Board of Directors meeting will be held at Rancho Cordova City Hall, 2729 Prospect Park Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA. The meeting is held in the City Council Chambers on the first floor. Interested members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend.
The Optimized Plan will build upon the foundation created by previously completed planning projects and documents. These documents include:
- CRPD's Mission & Vision
- Inventory & Assessment Plan, 2012
- Master Plan for Incorporated Areas, 2014 (Chapter 1-3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7, Chapter 8, Chapter 9, Appendix)
- Park Impact Fee Nexus Study, 2014
- Design & Construction Standards Manual
- Reserve Study, 2014