PLEASE READ: Important COVID-19 Information
In March of 2020, Cordova Recreation & Park District and its residents were impacted by the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Following orders from Governor Newsom and Sacramento County, we made changes to our operation to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community members.
We have also implemented new sanitization protocol as directed by the Center for Disease Control, closed certain facilities and canceled/postponed programs to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Below we have outlined the steps we are taking to be follow the national, state and local mandates. Please read thoroughly before registering for any programs or inquiring about park amenity availability. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Face coverings in spaces required by Sacramento County
- Social distancing of six feet (minimum) between persons who do not live together
- Staff temperature checks
- Waivers signed by those who enter facilities acknowledging they do not have symptoms of COVID-19
We have implemented:
- Signage placed in parks and around facilities to remind guests: stay home when sick (fever or cough), wash hands frequently and maintain six feet distance.
- Reduced capacity at facilities and in programs
- Increased staffing to perform extra cleaning and monitor social distancing
- Waiting area markers for social distancing
- Separate entrance and exit procedures/pathways (when possible)
- Wash hands before and after leaving your home, participating in any outdoor activity, or touching anything in an indoor facility; Carry hand sanitizer.
- Do not use the parks or facilities if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
- Always observe distance of at least six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike, run or hike.
- Bring a suitable trash bag. Leave no trash, take everything out to protect park workers.
- Bring your own play/sports equipment to the park and take it back home with you.
- Bring water or drinks. Avoid using public drinking fountains.
- Avoid all gatherings with those you do not live with including playdates, team sports or any activities that require physical or shared contact.
COVID-19 Communications, Signage and Resources:
- Playgrounds: Play it Safe_English (Sept. 30, 2020)
- Playgrounds: Play it Safe_Spanish (Sept. 30, 2020)
- Reminder: Do not gather in parks (Sept. 10, 2020)
- Official Statement as of June 17, 2020
- Social Distancing Guidelines
- Physical Distancing in Tennis Courts
- Physical Distancing at the Dog Park
- Sanitizing and Distancing at Spray Parks
- Physical Distancing/Sanitizing at the Golf Course
- Virtual Recreation Center