PLEASE READ: Important COVID-19 Information
In March of 2020, Cordova Recreation & Park District and its residents were impacted by the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Following orders from Governor Newsom and Sacramento County, we made changes to our operation to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community members. The latest Public Health Order continues to reinforce the direction that all individuals stay home as much as possible and carry on with physical distancing protocols. However, it remains permissible to exercise outside and be outdoors so long as Social Distancing requirements are met.
We have also implemented new sanitization protocol as directed by the Center for Disease Control, closed certain facilities and canceled/postponed programs to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. Below we have outlined the steps we are taking to be follow the national, state and local mandates. Please read thoroughly before registering for any programs or inquiring about park amenity availability. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Face coverings in spaces required by Sacramento County
- Social distancing of six feet (minimum) between persons who do not live together
- Staff temperature checks
- Waivers signed by those who enter splash/spray parks, Lincoln Village Community Pool and other facilities acknowledging they do not have symptoms of COVID-19
We have implemented:
- Signage placed in parks and around facilities to remind guests: stay home when sick (fever or cough), wash hands frequently and maintain six ft. distance.
- Reduced capacity at facilities and in programs
- Increased staffing to perform extra cleaning and monitor social distancing
- Waiting area markers for social distancing
- Separate entrance and exit procedures/pathways (when possible)
- Wash hands before and after leaving your home, participating in any outdoor activity, or touching anything in an indoor facility; Carry hand sanitizer.
- Do not use the parks or facilities if you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, etc.
- Always observe distance of at least six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike, run or hike.
- Bring a suitable trash bag. Leave no trash, take everything out to protect park workers.
- Bring your own play/sports equipment to the park and take it back home with you.
- Bring water or drinks. Avoid using public drinking fountains.
- Avoid all gatherings with those you do not live with including playdates, team sports or any activities that require physical or shared contact.
Facilities and park amenities that remain CLOSED for your safety:
- Picnic Tables/Pavilions
Neil Orchard Senior Activities Center: 3480 Routier Road
Remains closed until further notice. Some programs may be available outside in Lincoln Village Community Park or virtually.
Mather Sports Center: 3755 Schriever Ave
Remains closed until further notice. Staff is available at 916-362-1704 during normal business hours: Monday-Friday | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
District Administrative Office: 2729 Prospect Park Drive, Suite 230
Available to the public by appointment only. Please call 916-842-3300 or email email@example.com.
Facilities and park amenities that are AVAILABLE to the public with restrictions:
- Walking trails
- Dog parks
- Tennis courts
- Spray parks
- Lincoln Village Community Pool
- Basketball Courts (no games or scrimmages)
Hagan Community Center: 2197 Chase Dr
One guest allowed in our administration building at a time. Staff is available for questions from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. via phone 916-369-9844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cordova Golf Course: 9425 Jackson Rd
Open normal hours. One guest allowed in the Pro Shop at a time. Reserve your tee time online.
White Rock Splash Park: 10488 White Rock Rd
Open on weekends (Sat & Sun). Three sessions available between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Reserve space online.
Lincoln Village Community Pool: 3450 Routier Rd
Some aquatic programs are available. Call the Hagan Community Center for more information or visit our online registration site.
COVID-19 Communications, Signage and Resources:
- Reminder: Do not gather in parks (Sept. 10, 2020)
- Official Statement as of June 17, 2020
- Social Distancing Guidelines
- Physical Distancing in Tennis Courts
- Physical Distancing at the Dog Park
- Sanitizing and Distancing at Spray Parks
- Physical Distancing/Sanitizing at the Golf Course
- Virtual Recreation Center